Riverside Community Care
450 Washington Street
Dedham, MA 02026
Central and South Worcester County (E to W – Franklin to Brimfield; N to S – Holden to Douglas)
All Regional Employment Collaboratives – PDF
Central Massachusetts Employment Collaborative – PDF
We envision a sustainable vibrant partnership of employment service providers, state agencies, workforce development entities, and employers, working in collaboration to achieve a significant increase in the number and variety of employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities in the southern Central Massachusetts region. For our employment services partners, we envision the successful engagement of employers and industries not typically pursued for job placements. For the employers with whom we partner, we envision an enriched and diversified workforce inclusive of individuals whose talents, abilities and desire to work far outweigh any disabilities or perceived barriers to employment. For the individuals served, we envision access to training and education resources in preparation for emerging industries, adequate supports to help ensure success, and more wide-ranging and challenging employment and sustainable career opportunities.
The Central Mass Employment Collaborative’s mission is to continually expand the number and diversity of employers and employment opportunities available to individuals with disabilities living in the thirty-eight cities and towns in our region. Through the forging of partnerships, promoting cooperation over competition, and encouraging improved coordination and communication to combat inefficiency and duplication, we strive to more effectively engage employers in the successful hiring and retention of individuals served. An ongoing assessment of changing employer and partner needs, a thorough knowledge of available resources and supports, and an up to date understanding of emerging labor market trends are the tools which guide us in fulfilling our overarching vision – an array of meaningful employment opportunities available to individuals with disabilities who are viewed as valued employees by satisfied employers.
- Increase the number and types of employers and businesses in the Central Massachusetts region who hire and provide career opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Educate employers across various sizes and industries in the Central Massachusetts region about the benefits of hiring individuals with disabilities, to address any perceived challenges and break down barriers to successful employment experiences for both the individual and the employer.
- Established and/or facilitate access to educational and job training opportunities for people with disabilities to prepare them for employment in higher wage jobs and/or emerging industries.
- Increase the number of young adults with disabilities who successfully transition from youth services and/or secondary school to career focused education, training and employment opportunities.
- Continue to develop and enhance the Collaborative through the recruitment and engagement of additional partners; specifically employers, schools, business groups/chambers of commerce, state agencies and additional employment service providers.