Jewish Vocational Services, Inc.
29 Winter Street
Boston, MA, 02180
Metro Boston (within Route 128)
All Regional Employment Collaboratives – PDF
Greater Boston Employment Collaborative – PDF
To support the needs of businesses and job seekers with disabilities by sharing information, challenging perceptions, and working together in innovative and efficient ways to significantly increase the number and type of competitive jobs available to job seekers with disabilities, and the number of individuals with disabilities entering competitive employment.
GBEC’s vision is that Greater Boston will be seen as a model of universal access to employment. GBEC intends to work towards that vision through collaborative efforts to streamline practices in regard to engaging businesses and developing job opportunities, as well as by strengthening coordination and eliminating inefficient overlap in services and competition for resources among service providers and public agencies. We hope to achieve and institutionalize fundamental changes in practice that can be sustained after the completion of the two year project.
- Create a group of businesses that are collaborating with other businesses to increase universal access to employment for people with disabilities.
- Efficient and thorough sharing of information between all stakeholders relevant to job placement and retention for persons with disabilities.
- Improvement of employment process (between stakeholder groups and within stakeholder groups) for persons with disabilities.
- Increase the number of young adults with disabilities who successfully transition from youth services and/or secondary school to career focused education, training and employment opportunities.
- Develop and strengthen GBEC’s structure and potential.