Work Without Limits is assisting the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission on the Transition Pathway Services grant by reaching into our Disability:IN Massachusetts network and beyond to recruit organizations willing to participate in this initiative by providing “work based learning experiences” (WBLEs) for students. WBLEs could be an hour, a day, a week … a tour, mock interview, on site project … or an internship at your organization fully paid by MRC! WBLE timing and type of experience is flexible. You determine your capacity and commitment level. As part of the program, students are required to complete two WBLEs (one paid), so any opportunity you can provide is greatly appreciated!
Click here to learn more and complete a very brief form to let us know you are interested in exploring this opportunity.
Private and public-sector businesses join Disability:IN Massachusetts by becoming Corporate Sponsors of Work Without Limits. Individual Professional Membership allows independent representatives from smaller companies the opportunity to engage in Work Without Limits and Disability:IN Massachusetts, while growing into higher sponsorship levels.
Core benefits of Disability:IN Massachusetts membership include:
- Monthly Business to Business (B2B) webinars, in-person meetings and/or “field trips” to Community Partners to share with and learn from peers to build confidence and success when including people with disabilities in the workplace
- Event hosting, presenting, and branding opportunities to champion members as leading disability inclusive employers
- Opportunities for local and statewide speaking engagements
- “Members only” portal housing member company documents, resources, and contact information
- Private LinkedIn group providing exclusive access to qualified candidates with disabilities and Disability Owned Business Enterprises (DOBEs), as well as higher education, government, and community-based organizations that provide employment services
- Official Disabilty:IN Massachusetts membership logo designation for web and e-mail signatures
Additional benefits include priority access to key Work Without Limits service offerings:
- Opportunity to participate in Disability Mentoring Day
- Invitation to participate in Work Without Limits career fairs and events
- Free or discounted annual ‘Raise the Bar HIRE’ conference registrations and sponsorship packages
- Free or discounted Work Without Limits disability inclusion training and consulting services
- Discount on all Disability Images photos
- Opportunity to promote recruiting opportunities, events, and best practices through Work Without Limits monthly publication, blogs, and social media
- Access for employees with disabilities to connect with certified Work Without Limits benefits counselors (link) to understand how earnings or wage increases affect public benefits such as Social Security Disability, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Opportunity to partner in Work Without Limit’s Administrative Employment Network, allowing your organization to draw down incentive payments from Social Security’s Ticket to Work program after hiring eligible individuals with disabilities.
- Opportunity to participate in HIRE Thinking, initiatives that cultivate continued innovation and thought leadership in the field of disability employment.
Disability:IN Massachusetts, formerly the Massachusetts Business Leadership Network, was established in 2010 as the Work Without Limits B2B Network. It was started by Work Without Limits and a handful of leading employers looking for a peer-to-peer network in which they could, as a business community, positively impact the employment of people with disabilities.
In 2012, Work Without Limits introduced its corporate sponsorship program and the first twelve companies joined to become the B2B Network’s Founding Corporate Partners. Each of these organizations share a commitment to disability inclusion and include Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Clarks Companies, N.A., Eastern Bank, Fidelity Investments, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, John Hancock, MIT Sloan Executive Education, National Grid, Professional Staffing Group, State Street, The TJX Companies, Inc., and the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
In 2016, the Work Without Limits B2B Network became the Massachusetts affiliate of the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN) and became the MABLN. In 2018, the USBLN changed its name to Disability:IN and the MABLN became Disability:IN Massachusetts.