Registration needed by February 24, 2017 to attend.
Registration Now Open!
$50.00 — Early Registration Fee postmarked by January 31, 2017.
$60.00 — Registration Fee postmarked after January 31, 2017.
Download full Focus Conference brochure.
DOWNLOAD and PRINT the entire Conference Registration form.
The completed form will be mailed to:
Shriver Clinical Services
Wrentham Developmental Center
PO Box 144, Wrentham, MA 02093
For additional information, including sponsorship, vendor or advertisement opportunities please contact Lisa.DiBonaventura@state.ma.us or 508-384-5539.
Welcome Remarks: Paul Saner, Commissioner, Massachusetts Commission for the Blind.
Keynote Speaker: Susannah Rowe, MD, MPH.
Director, Exceptional Vision Service; Vice Chair for Patient Safety and Quality; Assistant Professor – Department of Ophthalmology, Boston University School of Medicine.
Ten Years and Counting: Lessons from a Decade of Successful Eye Surgery for People with Intellectual Disability
Awards at Lunch:
- Mark Holt "Gift of Lunch"
- Paul McDade "Focus" Award for Distinguished Service
- Paul McDade "Focus" Award for Distinguished Leadership
"Focus" on Talent!!!
Special Closing Performance by: "Wild Fire Girls"
CONFERENCE AGENDA "AT-A-GLANCE"
8:00 – 8:25 AM
Registration / Vendors Open / Refreshments
8:25 – 8:30 AM
8:30 – 8:45 AM
8:45 – 9:45 AM
9:45 – 10:00 AM
Break / Exhibits Open
10:00 – 11:00 AM
1st Concurrent Session
11:00 – 11:15 AM
Break / Exhibits Open
11:15 AM – 12:15 PM
2nd Concurrent Session
12:15 – 12:30 PM
12:30 – 1:30 PM
Lunch & Award Presentations:
- Mark Holt Gift of Lunch
- Paul McDade "Focus" Awards for Distinguished Service and Leadership
1:30 – 2:00 PM
Dedicated Time for Exhibits Session
2:00 – 3:00 PM
3rd Concurrent Session
3:00 – 3:15 PM
Break / Refreshments / Exhibits Open
3:15 – 3:45PM
"Focus" On Talent!!! (Performance) / Raffle
- Please fill out the registration form and return BY February 24, 2017 to:
Donnamaria Linfield / Shriver Clinical Services Corporation
Wrentham Developmental Center, PO Box 144
Wrentham, MA 02093
- For questions regarding Registration, please contact Donnamaria: Donnamaria.Linfield@state.ma.us or phone 508-384-5679.
- Please make check payable to: Shriver Clinical Services Corporation
- Refunds: We regret that refunds cannot be given after February 15th 2017, unless by notification from us to you that your check (# and amount) will be returned to you. This refund protocol will also be used if conference capacity is reached at the time we receive your registration and payment.
- Continuing Education Information – Please indicate your choice of CEU's on the registration form.
- Application for 4 hours of Continuing Education has been submitted to:
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehab. & Education Prof. (ACVREP)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRC)
- An application has been made for 4 CECs for Social Workers.
- An application has been made to MA Board of Registration in Nursing for nursing continuing education. Questions: EKing@state.ma.us
- NECO/NEEI has applied for 4 hours of MA CE approved credits. Questions: Barry S. Kran, O.D.: Kranb@neco.edu
- Scholarships are available for individuals with intellectual disability and their families. Information: Dianne.Rodrigues@state.ma.us
- Reduced room rates of $115.00 per night, exclusive of taxes, will be available at the Four Points by Sheraton, Norwood, phone: 781-769-7900. Please mention Shriver Clinical. Rooms at this rate are held until February 10, 2016 and subject to availability.
- Registration Brochure and Form can be downloaded from "Training and Events" section of DDS Vision Loss website: www.mass.gov/dds/visionloss and from the "Perkins Training Center Calendar" on the Perkins website: www.perkinselearning.org/events.
- Questions please contact: Lisa.DiBonaventura@state.ma.us or 508-384-5539.