Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA)
Work Without Limits provides benefits counseling services through a Social Security WIPA grant.
We serve six counties in MA and seven counties in NY. Click here for more information on our service area.
One-on-one counseling on how work earnings or wage increases will affect:
- Cash benefits (SSI/SSDI)
- Health insurance (MassHealth/Medicare)
- Other public benefits (Housing, SNAP, etc.)
This service is for SSI/SSDI beneficiaries who are:
- Working, self-employed or about to start work either full-time or part-time.
- Actively interviewing for employment.
- Currently receiving services from State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR)*, Ticket to Work Employment Network (EN) or other vocational program or indicate serious intent to work.
- Transition-age youth ages of 14-25 at any stage of employment.
- Veterans seeking to return to work.
- Members of racial, ethnic and disability communities or other underserved populations seeking resources to assist them to obtain training or education with a clear employment goal
If you are working, actively looking for work, or in a job training or education program:
Work Without Limits:
If you've just started thinking about work but aren't working yet, and you have general questions:
Ticket to Work help line:
866-968-7842 or 866-833-2967 (TTY)
"My benefits specialist provided accurate and timely information in a friendly and respectful manner. I would have no hesitation calling again for support!"
"Brian has gained a reputation with our staff to have answers that cannot be found elsewhere. He is the expert for Veterans with questions around benefits."
"The program is operating as an efficient and well-organized machine. It has been highly critical in making the transition to work an actual possibility for the vast majority of my customers."
"This program should be a funded mandate!"
"As an employment specialist, I love knowing that I can just pick up the phone and call Work Without Limits at any time, with any question, and I know with confidence that they will return my call with an answer. Thank you all for what you do. You make a difference every day!"
“My Benefits Counselor was easy to talk to, caring, and highly informed. They were very thorough, answered my questions, and encouraged me to follow-up as needed.”
This web page was developed at U.S. taxpayer expense and is funded through a Social Security cooperative agreement. Although Social Security reviewed this document for accuracy, it does not constitute an official Social Security communication.