Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA)
Work Without Limits provides benefits counseling services
through a Social Security WIPA grant.
We provide one-on-one counseling on the impact of work earnings or wage increases on:
- Cash benefits (SSI/SSDI)
- Health insurance (MassHealth/Medicare)
- Other public benefits (Housing, SNAP, etc.)
This service is for SSI/SSDI beneficiaries between the ages of 14 - 64 who are:
- Working, self-employed or about to start work either full-time or part-time.
- Actively interviewing for employment.
- Currently receiving services from State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR)*, Ticket to Work Employment Network (EN) or other vocational program or indicate serious intent to work.
- Transition-age youth ages of 14-25 at any stage of employment.
- Veterans seeking to return to work.
- Members of racial, ethnic and disability communities or other underserved populations seeking resources to assist them to obtain training or education with a clear employment goal
*State VR in MA is the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC or Mass Rehab) and the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind (MCB). State VR is NY is ACCES-VR and NY State Commission for the Blind.
For individuals who do not meet the above criteria, please contact:
Social Security Ticket To Work
Toll-Free Help Line: 1-866-968-7842
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
This web page was developed at U.S. taxpayer expense and is funded through a Social Security cooperative agreement. Although Social Security reviewed this document for accuracy, it does not constitute an official Social Security communication.