The Benefits Counseling Team Update - June 2022
Exciting changes are happening with the Work Without Limits team!
Brian Forsythe is now providing benefits counseling services through our Employment Network (EN) which is geared towards individuals with a long-term employment goal (3-5 years) of being independent of Social Security disability benefits. Our EN is lead by Program Manager, Marjorie Longo.
Winnie Siano is currently servicing all benefits counseling referrals under our Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) grant and is very excited to welcome our newest WIPA team member, Luis Crespo. Luis recently completed all his SSA trainings, exams and practical exercises and is now provisionally certified as a Community Work Incentive Coordinator (CWIC)!
Work Without Limits provides two no-cost benefits counseling services for Social Security beneficiaries receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and/or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
Benefits Counseling Team
Employment Network (EN)
Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA)
The Work Without Limits EN is part of the Social Security Ticket to Work program and offers long-term benefits counseling.
This service is for SSI/SSDI beneficiaries who have a:
- short-term goal (3-12 months) of earning $970/month or more, or
- long-term goal (3-5 years) of earning $1,350/month or more, or
- goal of increased earnings
For more information visit our Employment Network page.
Contact the EN Team:
Marjorie Longo, CPWIC, Manager, Employment Network
- Email: Marjorie.Longo@umassmed.edu
Brian Forsythe, CPWIC, Work Incentives Counselor, Employment Network
- Office Phone: 508-856-2513
- Cell Phone: 508-479-0906
- Email: Brian.Forsythe@umassmed.edu
Social Security Ticket To Work Toll-Free Help Line
For SSI/SSDI beneficiaries who are just starting to think about pursuing employment or have a general question about Social Security disability benefits, contact:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Work Without Limits provides benefits counseling services through a Social Security WIPA grant.
This service is for SSI/SSDI beneficiaries who are either:
- Have a job offer pending
- Actively interviewing for jobs
- Had an interview in the past 30 days
- Have a job interview scheduled in the next 2 weeks
Exceptions (even if not actively pursuing work)
- Youth, ages 14 - 25
- Massachusetts Counties: Middlesex, Worcester, Franklin, Hampshire, Hampden, and Berkshire
- New York Counties: Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Schoharie and Washington
How to get started:
- Complete, sign and submit the Referral Packet. The forms must be signed in ink. This is a Social Security requirement. The forms can be returned by U.S. or certified mail, email, or fax to our secure fax line: 508-856-6607. When all paperwork has been processed, one of our counselors will contact you to schedule an appointment. We ask for your patience as currently we only have one Community Work Incentives Coordinator (CWIC) serving all thirteen counties in MA and NY.
For more information visit our Benefits Counseling page.
This web page was developed at U.S. taxpayer expense and is funded through a Social Security cooperative agreement. Although Social Security reviewed this document for accuracy, it does not constitute an official Social Security communication.